Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The waiting is the hard part...

Why do the 3-4 days before a vacation seem to last the longest? Hours, days, weeks fly by until you have something you're truly looking forward to. Maybe it's a heightened consciousness of time that does this? Well, yes, of course it is.

Anyway, my wife and I are leaving for what’s going to be a wonderful and much-needed vacation in the Pacific Northwest on Thursday evening and I can’t wait. I have to wait, but it’s hard. I wish I could somehow press the fast-forward button on life and skip to Thursday evening at 6:30 PM. Actually, I wish I could skip to 11:00 PM Pacific time so I could skip the flight. We’re flying into Vancouver, BC and visiting Vancouver proper, Whistler and then Victoria. I’ve never been out of the country so I’m excited to use my passport and go through customs and stuff. Ha. Not really. But it will be interesting to experience another country, even if it is just Canada, eh.

I will hopefully chronicle our trip on this blog every night as long as I have internet access, which I should.

No comments:

Post a Comment